Comment on page
LEDs are present on most external MULTI-Modules and can be used to check the status of the module.
The basic functions of the LEDs are:
Green LED - indicates that the MULTI-Module is receiving power Red LED - indicates the status of the MULTI-Module
OpenTX and EdgeTX will display the state of the MULTI-Module in the Module Status line of the RF module section on the Model Setup page.
In normal operation the Module Status will display the MULTI-Module firmware version and the Expected Channel Order.
Module Status with Firmware Version and Channel Order
If an auto-binding protocol is selected, and binding has not yet been initiated, the Module Status will display "Bind to load protocol".
Module Status waiting for Bind
When the module is binding, the Module Status will display the firmware version followed by "Binding".
Module Status Binding
If the Module Status displays "No MULTI_TELEMETRY" or "No telemetry" there is a problem with the MULTI-Module
Module Status No MULTI Telemetry
In this situation, one of the following may be the cause:
- The selected module is not installed - External is selected when Internal should be, or vice-versa
- The wrong firmware is installed on the module - the wrong radio firmware, or telemetry inversion setting was used
- The module is defective
- A somewhat common fault is bad solder joints on the 5-pin module bay connector
There are two ways to get help:
RC Groups Forum - for general 'how-to' questions or advice from other users GitHub Issues - for reporting bugs or serious issues
RC Groups is usually the best place to start as the forum is very active, with many experienced users who can provide help and answer questions.
To make it easier to provide help, please include the following information:
- MULTI-Module type and the firmware version
- Radio type, firmware, and firmware version
- Using PPM or Serial
- Description of what the LED on the MULTI-Module and the receiver/model are doing
- Explanation of the behaviour and reproduction steps